It depends on if you need the Los Angeles wedding DJ for just your reception or for both your ceremony and reception.
A wedding reception in Los Angeles is about five hours long on average. Some clients may only do 4 hours if they want to save on costs or simply just want to get home earlier. A Los Angeles wedding ceremony runs about one to two hours so you would be looking at a total of six to seven hours if you wanted to combine them into your Los Angeles wedding DJ package.
WHAT TYPE OF SERVICES DOES A LOS ANGELES WEDDING DJ PROVIDE?
Here are some examples of the services a professional Los Angeles wedding DJ will provide to ensure your event runs as smoothly as possible:
1. Complete sound systems for your ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.
2. Microphones for your ceremony and reception.
3. Background music during guest arrival, cocktail hour and dinner.
4. Formal introductions and other Master of Ceremony duties (professionally guiding your guests throughout the evening so they know exactly where to go and when to do so).
5. Preparation of speech givers and toasters so they know how to work the microphones and when it will be their turn to speak.
6. Slideshow management.
7. Cake cutting music and introduction.
8. Couples first dance and other formalities (execution and customization if they want particular songs mixed together for choreography or other various reasons).
9. Dance music customization and crowd reading to ensure everyone remains happy and on the dance floor.
11. Dance floor lighting and lighting upgrade management.
12. Coordination of timeline with your other vendors.
13. Pre-planning consultations.
14. Pre-event venue viewing and song preparation.
15. Song suggestions for all formalities and dancing.
If you include the ceremony then you can also expect your Los Angeles DJ to do the following:
1. Prelude music 30 minutes prior to the start of the ceremony as guests are arriving and being seated waiting for the ceremony to start.
2. Processional song for the wedding party.
3. Processional song for the marriers.
4. Possible music in the middle of the ceremony for unity sand, hand fasting or other similar events.
5. Recessional music after the couple has been introduced as married.
CAN A LOS ANGELES WEDDING DJ HELP CREATE MY WEDDING TIMELINE?
Creating a wedding timeline is usually a collaborative effort between your Los Angeles wedding planner and all of your other Los Angeles wedding vendors. You will typically receive several timelines that fit each vendor’s particular needs and then present those to your wedding planner for them to combine into one final master document.
There are a lot of different things to consider when creating your wedding timeline, but on average you will need to set aside one hour for your Los Angeles wedding ceremony and five hours for your Los Angeles wedding reception (2 hours of background music for cocktails/dinner and 3 hours for dancing/everything in between).
Once you are ready to start your Los Angeles wedding DJ search, please reach out to DJ Keelez & Associates for a free no-obligation consultation with one of our amazing Los Angeles wedding DJs!